Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Welcome home


Before we left to Canada this year we decided that we would leave the boys in Canada for another 10 days after we left. They were a little nervous of the idea at first because they have never been away from us for that long. The longest was only a couple of days. But since they would be together they decided that it would be cool. We went ahead and bought them direct one-way tickets out of Calgary to Chicago. We left the morning of the 11th with a few tears but we knew everything would be okay.
They had a blast. Each night we talked with them they told us something new they did and how much fun they were having. We missed them, the house sure was quiet while they were gone.

Thanks!!! Grandma & Grandpa, Ang, Jon and the girls and Tyler and Kristin and the kids for taking such good care of my boys. They enjoyed the time they spent with everyone.
Bret came home saying that he is now a cowboy. Tyler and Dad, Braden will come up to work for you next summer but he says you better have a better job for him than just watching Belle:)
Here are a couple of pics from the airport. I was able to go to the gate and accompany them when they got off the plane.

Here is the pilot walking them off the plane

Braden face tells it all.
"Really mom you are taking a picture of me in front of all these people."

I was so excited to see the boys. I love each one of their smiles. They both bring so much joy to our family. Even though it was really quiet and I didn't have to run the kids around everywhere while they were gone which I so enjoyed I missed their hugs and the laughter and their smiles.
I love being their mother!!


2 comments:

  1. We loved having them here. Everybody needs to stay longer next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, I LOVED Braden's face in that picture!
    Ha! He looks so pleased.
    Your camera is ridiculously good.

    ReplyDelete