Because one day I actually might print this blog into a book and because I am lame and don't keep a journal I thought I had better catch up with what we have been up to lately.
Sorry this is so long.
We had a great time on Saturday before Father's day. We spent the afternoon with some friends and decided to go fishing.
Here they are leaving.
I had a great time sitting on the shore soaking in the sun while Russell slept.
I just want Ken to know that he is a wonderful father. Just a little story on why I love him so much. Braden and the boys took interest in fishing back in May after they attended a scouting event. Ken loved fishing growing up so they decided to go out and get fishing gear for everyone. They decided on Memorial day to go fishing at a local Forest preserve. Because it was raining I was going to stay home with Russ. We had just got a new camera and I wanted to try it out so I packed up Russ and the camera and got some ponchos and headed to where they were fishing. This is what I was able to watch. Ken having to bait and re bait the hooks because Braden won't touch a worm, fish a pole out of the water after Lia decided to let it go while casting it, try to stop Bret from hooking the people on the dock and while all this was happening he never once said he was done. He just kept helping the kids. He is so patient with all of them. Let's just say that it was the most enjoyable afternoon we had spent together in a long time. We have been fishing almost every weekend since then and it is the same experience. Ken sacrificing his time to fish to help the kids.
Now if only he could be that patient with me when we try to hang curtains:)
Now on to my father.
Words cannot express how much love I have for my father.
Thanks dad for your example in everything you do.
(maybe when I'm 61 I might be able to ski like him)
Now on to the Birthday's.
Ken spent his birthday in Bermuda for work. I know really lame birthday right. The kids and I decided to celebrate his birthday without him and go out to eat. He wanted a sewing machine for his birthday and got it. I know a sewing machine. We are all still wondering what his plans for it are.
Happy Birthday Babe!!
BTW I really want a gun or a Harley for my birthday.
Our friends also came up from Kansas City that weekend and we had a great time. We celebrated their birthdays like old times it was like they had never moved. Hopefully every year they can come up and we can have a birthday party for Jeff and Ken.
Then it was Mom's and Dad's Birthdays.
They still look so young.
Bret thought that Grandma was 48 not 56. It's kinda funny because I still think that they are in their 40's. They might as well be. Mom still runs 13+ miles on her Saturday runs.
I was looking at her running log while on vacation she averages 30+ miles a week. She truly is an inspiration. Ken decided to run with mom one day while we were there. Let's just say after we were finished we were drenched in sweat but after 7 miles mom had not even broke a sweat and ran with ease the whole time.
Happy Birthday you two!! We love you!!
And just a shout out to my Bro.
It's his birthday today.
Happy Birthday Tyler.
Thanks for being so cool!!
We have the best parents!!
ReplyDelete