Leaving for vacation is always fun. I still can't decide if it is cheaper to fly or drive.
Flying requires 5 tickets plus bags, rental car and airport hassle's especially with the last name of Israelsen. I think they think we are terrorists or something.
Driving requires getting the car in shape. New tires and a couple thousand dollars worth of work on the car. Hundreds of dollars worth of junk to entertain the kids when really they don't want any of it. Hotel and eating out for 2 straight days.
(I'm not exaggerating on the cost of everything.)
But if we flew we would miss out on this:
A GPS that says on day 2 right turn in 378 miles
that's after a left turn we took 400 miles back.
Passing 4 cars in the stretch of 200 miles going 100mph
(we are in Montana after all)
Picking up one of these:
It stayed with us for 800 miles.
.
It's a contest to see how many birds we can hit driving through Montana. I hold the record for the most- 5 in one day. Ken now holds the record for hitting the biggest one.
-now we are going to have to pay to get the grill fixed-
this was so funny to read.
ReplyDeleteYou're really a great writer Staci!
Thanks for sending Tyler the birthday wishes - take care you guys!
I thought it was a duck crossing the road. Ken
ReplyDeleteWHOA!! That is one huge bird!!
ReplyDelete