Friday, September 3, 2010

Thanks Obama!!


This might ruffle a few feathers but I need to give credit to where credit is due :)
We were lucky enough last October to be able to sell our house and purchase a new house. President Obama was giving a housing credit at that time to people who purchased a new house during a certain period of time. We qualified for this housing credit and were lucky enough to receive some of the money from it.

We decide back when we got our return that we needed to purchase a new piano. We had a great beginner piano but needed something better as Braden could tell the difference of the pitch when he played on a better piano than ours. I have a fabulous piano tuner who also restores old grand pianos. I asked him if he had anything that would fit our home and our budget. He said he had the perfect 1901 6 foot Kimball piano that he wanted to restore. We went ahead and purchased it with out even seeing it. It would be a test of patience as he said it would take him about 3 months to restore the whole thing. We asked him to stain it black. Well last week we were able to receive our beautiful piano. It really is beautiful and the workmanship that was done on the piano back in 1901 is gorgeous. We are so happy with it and I even find myself wanting to return to piano lessons. Braden loves it and Bret just started piano lessons this week and will not stop playing his first 3 songs.

Here is a pic of the newest addition to the family.


2 comments:

  1. SHUT UP!!!
    I'm so stealing that one day...
    If only it wasn't so heavy and you didn't live in America. Totally worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete