Monday, November 22, 2010

Little B.


These past couple of weeks have been super fun as we have celebrated Bret's birthday and his Baptism. We were able to celebrate the whole time with Grandma and Grandpa here. We went to the Lion King which the kids thought was the greatest part of having Grandma and Grandpa here. I thought sending Ken and my dad to man 12 eight year olds at the laser tag place was the best part. I was glad I wasn't there and that mom and I were shopping instead :)
Thanks Mom and Dad for coming and spending the week!!
We were able to get so much yard work done and fix things around the house. I figured out though I better get my butt in better shape because I can't keep up with my mom.

Bret's Baptism was super special. I am a little disappointed that we were rushed that morning and was only able to get a pic of Bret and Ken together just before the baptism. We invited a few friends and family over after the baptism for lunch and cake. Bret was really excited and had a smile on his face the whole day. I asked him at some point if he was nervous and he said no, he was ready to be a member of the church! Bret is a special spirit from our Heavenly Father. He knows what he wants and has the determination to achieve whatever that is. This will bless his life in the future but as for right now these traits can be really challenging as we try our best to raise him. He is very talented and athletic. He loves to please other people and loves to receive praise. Bret has blessed our family in so many ways and I can't wait to see what kind of young man he will turn out to be. Here are a few pics from his baptism.






2 comments:

  1. before I forget, did I tell you I love your family picture above? You all look GREAT!
    I'm glad Bret's baptism went well - we're excited for him!
    I'm a little (ok a lot) jealous you guys went to see the Lion King. I bet it was fabulous.
    Happy birthday Bret!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Bret!!! You definitely are special and we miss you.

    ReplyDelete